We now have doctors on call. That’s right, telehealth is the norm now. Thanks to technology, taking care of our health need not take a backseat anymore just because there’s no time to visit a medical facility. From sleep to physical ailments, there is an app for everything. The pandemic has drawn people’s attention towards the importance of staying on top of their physical and mental health. This is also evident from the spike in the usage of these apps in the last year. Which is why we see a strong focus given to patient care experiences.
In this article we take a look at 7 apps in the healthcare space that look promising and are accessible from the comfort of our homes.
Stress and anxiety are at an all-time high as most of us are still reeling in this post pandemic scenario. And as such, meditation has proven to be the antidote to daily stress. Headspace is an app that aids meditation, mindfulness and sleep through guided meditations, mindfulness coach, relaxing music, breathing exercises, to name a few.
Here are some of the top features of Headspace that stand for its holistic approach towards wellness journey:
- Daily Meditation – For your everyday balance and peace, access new meditation topics, get quick meditation tips on the go
- Sleep Meditation – Sleep better and wake up feeling well-rested thanks to peaceful and calm night sounds on the app
- Stress & Anxiety Relief – Breathing exercises and meditation sessions are available at your fingertips for immediate respite from any stressful emotions riding you
- Meditation Music for Focus – Play music that best suits your mood to improve your focus and productivity
While some of these features come free, you can access all the premium features at
£9.99 per month or £49.99 per year
Headspace is available on Play store and App store
2. Sleep Cycle
For most of us, sleeping habits have gone all over the place while adjusting to work from home, or just choosing to watch that extra episode on Netflix every night. Sleep cycle is a sleep tracker app that comes with smart alarm among other features.
- It comes with a gentle wake-up call feature
- Keep track and improve your daily sleep patterns
- You will even get to know if you snore with machine learning algorithms!
- Access a premium library of stories and music to wind yourself down for a good night’s sleep
With intelligent and smart technology, Sleep Cycle is here to help you sleep and rest better to feel healthier and energetic.
The premium features of this app come to around $70, while you can also enjoy a free version.
Sleep Cycle is available on both Play Store and App Store.
Looking to eat better and lose weight but don’t know where to start? Look no further. MyPlate calorie counter is the food buddy you were in search of. From calorie counting to water intake, this app covers your overall nutrition intake. Here are some of the features we think are extremely useful if you are on this journey:
- Access to a rich food database and ease of finding food with the help of barcode scanner
- Based on your profile, get a customized diet plan
- Track your progress and weight
- Get a detailed chart regarding intake of protein, fat, carbs, fiber, sugar, sodium & more
- Track your food and water intake with timely reminders
- Log your physical activities by easily integrating Google Fit with the app
This app makes understanding macro nutrients easier and even the progress section displays insightful yet simple-to-understand charts so you can stay on top of things. What’s more? They also have a community of people on similar journeys who you can connect with regarding health and fitness.
This app is free except for certain optional perks which you can buy if needed.
MyPlate is available on Play Store and App Store.
Healthtap connects you with U.S.-based, board-certified doctors offering premium services at affordable rates. If you’re living in or traveling to the US, then you can enjoy the telehealth benefits by simply downloading the app.
There are 2 types of membership available on the app:
- Healthtap Subscriber – Costs $45 (billed once every 3 months.)
With this plan get exclusive access to primary care, your own doctor with whom you can follow up free of cost 24/7. With frequent screenings and expert advice manage ongoing conditions. Under this plan one can also enjoy online therapy at a reduced cost
- Healthtap Basic – Costs $99 for every Urgent Care visit in which you can consult your doctor online and also search for any query that will be answered through Healthtap AI
Telehealth Online by HealthTap is available on Play Store and App Store.
All kinds of diets out there, from Keto to Intermittent fasting can be confusing when you are planning to stay healthy and lose weight. Well, not anymore! Say hello to Lifesum, your go-to app for healthy meals and diet.
Identify what is right for you and then with the help of this app you can:
- Plan your customized diet
- Access calorie counter and food tracker
- Check the macro calculator to stay on top of daily macros, nutrition & calories
- Get delicious food recipes with a meal planner, no matter which diet you choose
You can also easily integrate fitness apps such as Moves, Nokia Health, FitBit, Jawbone, Runkeeper, Google Fit and S health.
Apps like these are definitely keeping abreast of latest mobile development trends for better adoption.
You can enjoy all the features by buying the Lifesum Premium plan.
Lifesum is available on Play Store and App Store.
Talkspace is an online therapy app that is said to be as effective as in-person therapy sessions. At a time when the world is recognizing the importance of mental health, the counselling and therapy sessions offered by this app stand up to this cause. There are several plans available of which you can choose the one most suitable to you. So how does this work?
- Based on your preference, the app will connect you to a therapist
- You can communicate through text, picture, audio or video
- The therapists are licensed to treat depression, anxiety, substance use, stress, relationships, PTSD, and more
It is a secure app and your information stays confidential.
Talkspace is available on Play Store and App Store.
Now here’s an app that will help you reach your goals be it health, work, habits or even personal journey. You just need to register on the app after which you will be directed to a coach. The program highlights include:
- Personalized plan that will uniquely work for you
- Integrate a fitness app like Google Fit, Fitbit or others so that you and your coach can keep track of your activity
This coaching platform is available on Play Store and App Store
This was our take on some apps that are making a wave in the healthcare space with their strong tech-based features, ease of use and customer friendly plans. This is only bound to become more advanced and accessible in the future.
Zuci has been doing some exciting work building apps for healthcare companies based out of US. If you’re looking for app dev services and are interested in learning more about our work, click here.